Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January's Celebrations




























Dan and I celebrated 13 years of marriage on the 12th. Kailey graciously agreed to visit the Jordan River Temple on her 10th birthday (which happens to be the same day). Dan and I celebrated the Friday night before by going to dinner and seeing the movie, “Forever Strong.” The movie is based on the Highland High Rugby team. We enjoyed the movie. I counted three personal connections that we have to the movie. First, we live within the Highland High School boundaries, so our children will most likely attend there. Second, some of the scenes were filmed at Granite High School which is my alma mater. I thought I recognized those bleachers. Lastly, during the final rugby match the announcer welcomes New Zealand’s rugby star, “Sid Going” for being in attendance. His is Dan’s dad’s 1st cousin. That was a total surprise to hear our last name mentioned in a movie, and to even know how we are related. This is the part that I would love to write that Dan’s parents suddenly have had a change of heart and have decided to take us with them to New Zealand this April to meet Sid and all the rest of the family. Alas, barring some unforeseen wealth coming their way or ours, we’ll have to settle for seeing their pictures.

Enough about us, Kailey is throwing a “late over” birthday party on Friday. She has invited 12 girl friends. We plan to make our own pizzas, decorated little totes, and watch a movie. The guest will arrive in their pj’s and stay until 10 PM. Time will tell if we survive all the giggles, squeals, and drama.